These tasty little snacks are delicious and nutritious! They pack a punch and are perfect if you are on the go and need something in a pinch. Just be careful not to eat too many because each one contains a whole serving of healthy fats!
- 1.75 cups Vanilla Protein Powder (I used soy, but you can used any other plant-based powder)
- 2/3 cup Flax Seeds
- 2/3 cup Chia Seeds
- 2/3 cup Hemp Hearts
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 1/2 cup Dried Cranberries
- 2/3 c chopped Dates
- 1.25 cup Organic Almond Butter
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin Seeds
1. Grind the flax seeds, hemp hearts, nuts and chia seeds in a blender or coffee grinder. Be careful that the blended mix does not get too warm, because it will damage the delicate fats found in these ingredients.
2. Combine everything in a bowl and mix it well. I had to use my hands make sure the almond butter and honey coated everything. Adjust the almond butter and honey ratio as needed to make it “sticky”. You don’t want it overly sticky, just enough that you could form it into a ball.
3. Using your hands, form the mixture into 1″ balls, and refrigerate. Keep them in the fridge to keep them solid – and voila! The recipe makes about 35 balls.
Each ball contains:
- 11g of Carbohydrates
- 7 g of Protein
- 8 g of Fats (healthy fats!)
They are pretty much the perfect snack!!