- 3 Cups Roasted Hazelnuts
- 2 TBSP Coconut or Vegetable Oil
- 1 TSP Salt
- 2 TBSP Cocoa
1. To roast the Hazelnuts, place them on a cookie sheet and roast at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes (rotating them halfway).
2. Remove the outer skin of the roasted hazelnuts by putting them in a dish towel and rubbing them together for 5-10 minutes. The skin will loosen and fall off into the towel.
3. Use a good quality blender (vitamix or blendtec). If you don’t have one then make sure your blender will not overheat blending nuts.
4. Put the roasted hazelnuts and salt into the blender and blend at increasing speeds (start low) for about 30-45 seconds. Allow the blender to cool and then add the oil and cocoa. Use a spatula to move the contents of the blender into the centre.
5. Finish blending the remaining contents on high for another 30-40 seconds, or until smooth. Add oil if the consistency is too thick. Allow to cool and put in mason jars.
Enjoy the butter as a spread on apples, bananas, toast. You may add a TBSP into smoothies and oatmeal to get your daily dose of healthy fats!