Most of the people I talk to about Nutrition have the same challenges: How can they prepare easy meals that taste good and are healthy? You can have it all – and it doesn’t have to feel like a sacrifice. I call this “everyday roasted vegetables” because I make this dish in bulk every few weeks, with whatever veggies are in season 😉
My number one piece of advice for those looking to improve their nutritional habits is to eat more vegetables. Everyone says that, but why?
1. They are PACKED full of nutrients (vitamins and minerals) that your body needs and craves
2. They contain insoluble fibre that your digestive systems needs to operate optimally (why does that matter? Read this)
3. They fill you up so you aren’t hungry for the bad stuff (BIG WIN!)
Salads are boring, and most of us get tired of eating them. So instead, let’s chop up all our favourite vegetables and roast them:
- ½ Red Onion, Diced
- 3 Bell Peppers (Red, Green and Orange), Diced
- 2 Cups Brocolli Florets
- 2 Cups Mushrooms, quartered
- 1 Zuchinni, Diced
- 1 Grated Lemon Rind
- ¼ cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 tsp Salt & Pepper
1. Prepare the veggies (wash, chop), and throw them in a large bowl.
2. Pour oil over veggies
3. Grate lemon rind over the mixture, and add salt and pepper to taste
4. Toss to coat
5. Roast on a pan or metal basket on the BBQ or in the Oven at about 375 degrees.
6. Roast for 10 mins, then stir the vegetables before cooking another 10 mins or until the broccoli is Al Dente (not too soft).