As you may know, I love to cook GIANT batches of food that I can eat for 2-3 days, so that I can run around, workout, and have healthy convenient foods and only cook every few days.
I found two yummy recipes in some old cookbooks, and blended them together and added a few of my own favourite ingredients to come up with this recipe 🙂
- 4 Chicken Breast, Cooked and Diced
- 1 Medium Onion, Diced
- 1 Cup Celery, Diced
- 4 Cups Organic Chicken Broth
- 2 Cups Wild Rice, Cooked
- Coconut Milk, 1 Can
- 1/8 Cup Coconut Oil
- 1/4 Cup Flour
- 4 TBSP Curry Powder
- 2 TBSP Curry Paste
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1/2 Cup Slivered Almonds, Toasted
- Salt and Pepper, Pinch to taste
1. Heat Coconut oil in a large frying pan.
2. Saute the onions and celery in the butter.
3. Combine all ingredients into a slow-cooker or a soup pot on medium heat. Bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat and allow to simmer with the lid on for 45 minutes.
5. Remove the bay leaves and serve hot!