Mmm! This salad is on my top ten “go-to” list when I’m lazy and need quick, healthy nutrition. The bonus is it’s delicious, and I like to play around with the dressing to change the flavours depending on what my mood is 🙂
The ingredients used are all high in much needed vitamins, minerals and disease-fighting properties. Whenever possible, try to use high-quality, whole or natural ingredients (i.e. stuff that doesn’t sit on the shelf for ages).
- Kale (as much as you’d like)
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste (found near the tuna fish in the supermarket). You can skip this if fish isn’t right for you.
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice, from one lemon
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard (I like the brand Maille) – use less if too strong
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup vegannaise, (or mayo if you’re into that)
- One egg yolk
- 1/4 cup Nutritional Yeast (in place of Parmigiano-Reggiano)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Wash and shred the kale into bite-size pieces.
- Massage the kale gently with some olive oil, prior to adding dressing. This will relax the texture a little bit 😉
- Mix together the 11 ingredients and toss as much as you’d like in the salad. The dressing keeps for about 3-4 days in the fridge so I like to have extra handy.
Enjoy all the nutrition you are about to give your body!